Monday, October 5, 2015

28th Amendment

I, Sam Sanderson, would like to propose an amendment to our Constitution. This issue is argued all the time and is a huge issue in our society. This issue I am talking about is abortion. I believe that abortion is completely wrong no matter the circumstances. As an American citizen, I believe everybody deserves a chance to live even if you haven't been born yet. It's sad to think that unborn will never be able to breathe life due to abortion being legal. Abortion is murder! It's killing an innocent life form without it even knowing what a life is. If I stabbed somebody with a syringe of poison and stabbed someone with it, killing them, I would probably be labeled a murderer. That is what an abortion is.


Abortions effects the carrier physically and emotionally. Women tend to feel sick afterwards when they get an abortion. Symptoms include stomach pains, vomiting, nausea and bleeding. Women also tend to find their menstruation cycles inconsistent and not in a pattern like it should. It also tends to disappear on occasions for 4-6 weeks. Cervical and back pain is also felt. Not only does it affect the person who got the abortion physically but it also affects them emotionally and also the people around her. Many feel guilty and some suffer from PAS (Post-Abortion Syndrome). Studies show that some women get depressed and tend to starting drinking and doing drugs to get away from their guilt. Trauma, sleep problems, and eating disorders are also common. What is the point for all of this?


Abortion just isn't worth it. I know people can argue the case that people who have been victims of rape should get a pass, but I believe that even though rape is unfortunate, it should not give anyone the excuse to destroy the life of an unborn. The 14th amendment actually states that the woman has the right if she wants to bear a child or not, but the only choice that should made is life. This amendment should read as follows, " Abortion is murder and shall be considered illegal. The 14th Amendment statement that states that women have the choice is no longer valid. Abortion will be treated as murder and all abortions will be treated like murder at the court of law."


"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." -Jeremiah 1:5

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your amendment. I agree with your point about how abortion still isn't okay when you've been raped, it's still killing. Your info about symptoms after abortions are also very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Sam. Abortion is killing and that at no point is ok. Also, abortion causes many problems after you get the baby aborted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Sam on this new amendment. You made a lot of good points and how it not only kills the baby, but it also can hurt the person carrying the baby. Abortion is not ok and I like the choice you made.

    ReplyDelete